Call for an appointment: (973) 586-3400
Cardiology Consultants of North Morris
356 US Highway 46
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
Tel: (973) 586-3400 * Fax: (973) 586-1916

Monday, January 30, 2012

Super Goal Monday

With the big game on Sunday, and the big food that goes along with it, many of us (or maybe just me) are still  on our "Holiday" will-power hiatus and looking for an excuse to start serious food restriction.

Well, the gig is up and thanks to my awesome office staff, I have an excuse to get my BMI closer to where it should be. The women have initiated a Super Goal Monday Weight Loss Challenge.

After gorging on offensively hot wings, a plastic football full of pretzels and (hopefully) the sweet taste of a Giants victory, we will begin a 3 month competition to see who can best reverse the damage of the above. Weekly weigh-ins and a financial incentive will keep us honest and aqt the end of 90 days, we will all be better for it.

For privacy and safety reasons (mine in particular), I am not allowed to post results of any of the weigh-ins although I'd really like to. Unfortuantely, I'll just have to give vague, non-numerical updates. These types of weight loss challenges are wonderful ways to help you and your colleagues/friends/neighbors/family members to get healthier, using a team approach and exchanging ideas about what works and what doesnt. There are also several online options to facilitate a group weight loss challenge and I've provided a few below. Check it out if you feel so inspired. And fo course, GO GIANTS!!!

Ideas for a Weight Loss Challenge at LiveStrong

WeightLossWars

1 comment:

  1. Way to set a good example for the patients, good luck to you all. And thanx again for the whole "keeping my heart working" thing.

    ReplyDelete